OPEN SUBFIELD POSITIONS
Over the next one to two years, the Department of Anthropology at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) seeks to hire two anthropologists for tenure-track positions at the Assistant or Associate Professor level who will contribute theoretical and empirical innovation at the leading edge of the discipline. We invite applicants in any subfield(s) of anthropology and encourage applications from those whose work creatively bridges subfields. Our department is committed to building a more diverse faculty as it responds to the changing population and educational needs of California and the nation. We welcome candidates whose experience in teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
To apply, applicants must submit (a) an application letter including statement of research and teaching interests, (b) curriculum vitae, (c) up to three publications or article-length writing samples and (d) names and email addresses of three references who will write letters of recommendation. Please reference Recruitment Job #1085-1213-01. Review of applications will begin on January 31 and will continue until the positions are filled. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience; Ph.D. is required at the time of appointment. The appointment can begin as early as July 1, 2013.
The University of California is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer devoted to both excellence and diversity; women and members of other under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply?
Please fill out the necessary application materials by APPLYING HERE.
Please visit our FAQ section to find answers to most common QUESTIONS.
What to Submit?
- An application letter including statement of research and teaching interests; reference recruitment job #1085-1213-01
- Up to three (3) publications or article-length writing samples
- Names & email addresses of three (3) individuals who will write letters of recommendation
- Review of applications will begin on January 31, 2013 and will continue until the positions are filled
- Appointments can begin as early as July 1, 2013
Letters of Recommendation
- *IMPORTANT: When you submit your portion of the application, UCLA will be contacting via email the three individuals whom you name as references. The email will contain directions for submitting their letters of recommendation on line. Please notify these individuals of your application and tell them to expect to hear from us shortly.